Health benefits of apples.

Browse By

The combination of antioxidants and fiber makes apples a nutritional powerhouse. Here are some of the ways eating apples benefits your health:

1. Stabilizes blood sugar

When you eat sugary, processed foods like doughnuts. The amount of glucose (sugar) in your blood spikes. But when you eat foods that are high in fiber and lower in sugar, like apples. It keeps your glucose levels steady UFABET 

High glucose levels over time can lead to Type 2 diabetes, a chronic condition that affects more than 33 million Americans. Good news for apple fans. Though: A study of more than 38,000 people found that. Those who ate more than one apple a day were 28% less likely to develop Type 2 diabetes than those who didn’t eat any apples.

The benefits likely come from both antioxidants and fiber in apples:

  • Antioxidants may protect your pancreas from damage. Your pancreas produces insulin to remove glucose from your blood.
  • Fiber slows the absorption of glucose into your bloodstream.

2. Lowers cholesterol

Having high cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease because it clogs your arteries. Restricting blood flow to your heart. But the antioxidants and fiber in apples are a winning combo to help lower that number. The type of fiber that stands out here is pectin. Which binds to cholesterol in your digestive tract and flushes it out.

Multiple studies in people with high cholesterol show that. Consuming a few a day can reduce total cholesterol levels by about 5% to 8%. Can’t down that many apples in 24 hours? Try a daily serving of 3 ounces of dried apples (no sugar added). One study’s participants reduced their total cholesterol by 13% in six months after eating that much.